New Integral units available now
Integral is back in stock, stronger than ever with a new pcb revision, improved BT range, improved signal integrity and a few cosmetic changes. Here is what we improved on new version:
– Logo LED were changed, now 3 Green LEDs inside instead of 2 previously.
– Outside screws removed, we are now using another system to close the enclosure.
– Physical Buttons updated, people said buttons were too smooth on the first revision.
– BT range should offer +20% extended range.
– Signal integrity improved for TOP Input, some marginal cables could work for BOT IN and not for TOP IN for physical/mechanical reason. We had some resistors on these lines for debugging, we removed them and reworked routing a bit. Good cables always worked and will always work for both inputs.
Integral can turn ON/OFF the HDR mode of any HDR display.
This video shows you how to put a TV into HDR mode utilizing the HDFury Integral. It’s being used at AVTOP for colorgrading, calibrations and measurements of HDR. A additional AVTOP-Software is under development and will allow to control HDR parameters dynamically and connect the device to interesting applications such as calibration systems in order to control the metadata dynamically. This will allow the Integral to be used in measurement, calibration and content creation workflows. Dynamic control of the device will require a PC with the integral connected. The unique AVTOP HTTP control software will then interface to the INTEGRAL and unveil its full capabilities, including easy control of Mastering Display Settings, AVI Infoframe and even new values such as MaxCLL and MaxFALL. If you are interested in licensing this unique technology or looking to purchase the HTTP control software for Integral, kindly please check the HDR solutions page from AVTOP.
We have updated the Integral User Manual, some more information in it but especially we have described the firmware update process step by step and each GUI features are described individually as well. Get a look to it by clicking the PDF image.
Integral FW 049025 and GUI 1.6 for Windows (from XP to Win10).
Integral 0.49.0.25 FW Update and GUI 1.6 are available from the Download Tab: here
What’s new in 0.49.0.25 and GUI 1.6 since the release:
– Added an additional custom table “4k30-RGB 300MHz All Sound”. This table removes all YCbCr capabilities and forces the source to output RGB only.
– Added two buttons to sniff Sink EDIDs from both outputs.
– Modified the 4K60 4:4:4 > 4:2:0 down conversion enable/disable to only apply to 600MHz inputs modes. If enabled, then all 600MHz inputs are converted but other formats are not.
– Fixed the RGB / YCbCr fast switching issue in 4:4:4 > 4:2:0 conversion mode. No more pink screen.
– Added “AVR audio” special beta test mode. Top output becomes down-converted audio only and bot output is video + audio. This is a test mode and only for advanced users.
– Added “Allow YCbCr” option in automix (checked by default, if unchecked it might force source to RGB only)
– Added Factory/Hard reset option from the new CONFIG TAB.
– ARC fully implemented (OFF by default)
– CEC operation modes (Video processor / Audio system with ARC)
– IFX demo mode fine tuned for LG
– green and blue led enable/disable in new CONFIG TAB.
– performance enhancements
– GUI resizing is possible to increase/decrease windows size (not scalable yet!)
– Added needed DLL to work from XP to latest WIN10 without having to install anything else than Silabs Driver 4.0.0
– IF/HDR auto demo mode improved (IFX demo final)
– HDR MODE ON/OFF Demo now available for Samsung JSxxxx owners or LG HDR display owners, or any HDR display owners! Turn the HDR MODE ON/OFF from your TV whenever you want!
– GUI shows information about the Source device if it sends the SPD infoframe.
– GUI includes detection for 10-bit 4k60 420 mode.
– GUI includes detection for color spaces.For example, when using Shield in 10bit mode it reports BT2020 color space.
– 4k60 600MHz -> 4:2:0 force mode support broke on shield since its last update. It has been verified working on PC Desktop from TOP and BOT outputs.
Known issue: There is some issue with Shield non-processed BOT output still in this mode.
– Added / replaced the custom selectable EDID tables with the following:
4K30 4:4:4 + Full Sound (default)
4K60 4:2:0 8bit 709 + Full Sound (300MHz)
4K60 4:2:0 10bit BT2020/HDR ON+ Full Sound (371MHz)
4K60 4:4:4 8 bit 709 + Full sound (600MHz)
4K60 4:4:4 8 bit BT2020/HDR ON + Full sound (600MHz)
– Added HDR HOTKEY mode now set CEC SP as HDR DEMO MODE ON and CEC LP as HDR DEMO MODE OFF.
– Added Input Priority mode for autoswitching enhancement.
– Added BT2020 forced flag option for EDID automix.
– Added HDR Data packet in automix mode: 2.0 / 5.1 / Full Audio / HDR data packet / BT2020
– Added Manual or Auto AVI Infoframe Injection
– Added “HDR mode force” that will send out AVI mods + HDR IF everytime there is a resync.
– Improved robustness built in mode detection (might slightly help in HDMI cables issue)
– Added one more selectable forced flag for automix mode: 2.0 / 5.1 / Full Audio / HDR data packet.
– Added multiple selectable EDID banks for CUSTOM MODE.
– Added support for Manual or Auto AVI Infoframe Injection from GUI (Auto Checksum, Demo: First byte 00=RGB, 40=444)
– Added support for “HDR mode force” from GUI that will send out AVI mods + HDR IF everytime there is a resync.
– Added support for “HDR HOTKEY CEC LP” from GUI, if activated CEC button longpress will trigger HDR infoframe.
– Added Static Flags for Automix mode, Following edid capability can be forced: 2.0 / 5.1 / HDR.*
– Infoframe and CEC command lenght fix, sending now works up to 31 data bytes (maximum possible on HDMI)
– Audio slide switch options reversed to match sticker instructions.
– Fix for 480i/p 27MHz and frequencies that fall between 10-50MHz like lowest PC modes such as 640×480.
– Update handshake rules when new input is inserted while an active signal is already going through.
– Full IR Codes support added.
The Default CUSTOM EDID is 4K30 4:4:4 after update (instead of 4K60 4:2:0 previously). We did that to allow 4K30 display owners to also have a picture out of the box.
If the previous custom EDID was perfect for your setup, you can use it or any other by simply selecting it from the GUI dropdown list in EDID TAB.
By default ARC is OFF and Integral is now registered on CEC network as a Video Processor (CEC ID#14), in order to use Integral for ARC, please use the GUI and select “Audio System” (CEC ID#05)
If you have an AVR that you are using for CEC or ARC, then the default settings after update should be just fine.